Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce
Recipe by MOMMYTO2BOYS
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
My husband (who is not a cook) developed this recipe when looking through what we had in the fridge. We love capers and my VERY picky 8-year old always asks for 'Daddy's chickie.'
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper, salt, dill weed, and garlic powder.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place breasts in skillet, and increase heat to medium-high. Turn chicken frequently, until brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until breasts are cooked through. Remove chicken to a warm serving platter, and cover with foil.
- Return skillet to stove, and increase heat to high. Whisk in whipping cream, whisking continuously until reduced to sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in capers. Pour sauce over chicken, and serve.