Chinese Chicken Salad III
Recipe by Teri
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 1 Hour
This is one of my favorite salads. It tastes so good you wouldn't even suspect it's low-fat. Wonton wrappers (or skins) can be found in the deli or produce section of most supermarkets.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon hot chile paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 16 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers, shredded
- 4 cups romaine lettuce - torn, washed and dried
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the hoisin sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, chili paste, ginger, vinegar and sesame oil.
- Grill or broil chicken until cooked, cool and slice.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Spray a large shallow pan with nonstick vegetable spray, arrange shredded wontons in a single layer and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, wontons, lettuce, carrots, green onions and cilantro. Toss with dressing and serve.